John Edwards' mistress makes new allegations
CHATHAM COUNTY (WTVD) -- John Edwards' mistress is making new allegations in her lawsuit against John Edwards' former aide Andrew Young and his wife Cheri.
Rielle Hunter is accusing the Youngs of having additional property that belongs to her and she says the Youngs trespassed on her private property.
Young tells ABC11 Eyewitness News that, "this complaint does nothing to change the nature of the case and we look forward to finally getting to the merits of the case and the depositions of the key parties."
Hunter is suing Young to get back a sex tape that allegedly shows her and Edwards. The tape was left behind in a house in Chatham County where Young and his wife lived with Hunter.
The existence of the tape came to light after Young's book "The Politician," hit the stands in February. In the book, Young documents his years working for Edwards and talks about his role hiding the existence of Edwards' affair with Hunter from the media while he ran for president.
Hunter sued the Youngs for invasion of privacy and demanded the tape back. The Youngs were ordered to turn over all copies of the tape and other material to the court while it determines ownership.
Young admitted there are some missing items he can't account for, but says he has given the court everything it has requested.
Attorneys for Hunter have said the Youngs have held back copies of the tape.
The Young's lawyers have argued that she gave up ownership of it by abandoning it and not trying to claim it for several years.
Meanwhile, Hunter also wants an Orange County judge to seal the testimony she will give in the lawsuit she has filed against Young.
If it's made public she says it would be an "invasion of privacy."
Last week, Young filed a motion to dismiss the case, because Hunter has not shown up for a deposition.
The court document states a deposition was scheduled for Wednesday, but Hunter backed out for a second time.
The motion pointed out Hunter would not agree to answer questions under oath unless the transcript was sealed.
Young's motion points out Hunter answered personal questions for "GQ Magazine" and posed for pictures "partially undressed."
chatham county, john edwards, elizabeth edwards, local/state
- Tornado, thunderstorm warnings issued 1 min ago
- Get the ABC11 First Alert Weather App
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- LIVE North Carolina Weather Radar
- UNC ousts Tigers from CWS with 4-2 win 37 min ago
- Are there repercussions to 'Moral Monday' arrests? 42 min ago
- Funeral services set for Southern Pines officer
- New charge for man in Raleigh hit and run
- Fayetteville man faces 139 sex charges 57 min ago
- Wake Schools superintendent could be named 14 min ago
- Long road to recovery for child attacked by dog
- New England Patriots star to be question about a murder 23 min ago
- Johnson Co teacher facing sex charge
- NC House looks at raising speed limit to 75 mph 18 min ago
- Are there repercussions to 'Moral Monday'...
40 min ago
- Funeral services set for Southern Pines...
5 min ago
- Wake Schools superintendent could be named
14 min ago