Wake turns to superintendent search
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- Wake County School Board members are trying to figure out who best to begin their search for a new superintendent.
School board Vice Chair Debra Goldman - who is chairing the search committee - suggested Tuesday hiring a search firm. Although, she'd prefer not to spend any additional money.
"This is the 18th largest school system in U.S. with a nearly $2 billion budget. We need to have the best of the best in Wake County," Goldman said. "We need to have the top athletes in the field applying for this position. This is not the place to try and save money. There are so many functions that a search firm can do for us. We need to get input from the stakeholders in this county as well." Goldman suggested surveying stakeholders, taxpayers to get their input."
Board members Chris Malone, Deborah Prickett and Carolyn Morrison are also part of the committee.
The committee is charged with finding a new superintendent following the resignation of Superintendent Del Burns. WCPSS is currently being led by Interim Superintendent and Chief Academic Officer, Dr. Donna Hargens.
wake county, wake county schools, local/state, shae crisson
- Governor declares emergency in North Carolina
- Win a chance to audition for Jeopardy!
- Man to go to trial over Girl Scout cookie purchase
- US employers add 175K jobs despite harsh weather
- Veteran robbed, assaulted in home
- Missing Maryland girl found in South Carolina
- Accuser gives sexually explicit, emotional testimony
- Woman injured after jumping from car
- NC Sen. Nesbitt service Tuesday in home county
- River water above NC spill high in iron, aluminum
- I-Team: Congress concerned about VA data breach
- Things to do if you have 36 hours in Raleigh
- Testimony reveals Richardson suffered years of abuse
- Rangers rally past Hurricanes 4-2
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help