Wake turns to superintendent search
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- Wake County School Board members are trying to figure out who best to begin their search for a new superintendent.
School board Vice Chair Debra Goldman - who is chairing the search committee - suggested Tuesday hiring a search firm. Although, she'd prefer not to spend any additional money.
"This is the 18th largest school system in U.S. with a nearly $2 billion budget. We need to have the best of the best in Wake County," Goldman said. "We need to have the top athletes in the field applying for this position. This is not the place to try and save money. There are so many functions that a search firm can do for us. We need to get input from the stakeholders in this county as well." Goldman suggested surveying stakeholders, taxpayers to get their input."
Board members Chris Malone, Deborah Prickett and Carolyn Morrison are also part of the committee.
The committee is charged with finding a new superintendent following the resignation of Superintendent Del Burns. WCPSS is currently being led by Interim Superintendent and Chief Academic Officer, Dr. Donna Hargens.
wake county, wake county schools, local/state, shae crisson
- Barber, 11 others guilty in Moral Monday protests
- 'Tipsforjesus' leaving thousands in tips
- Does bathing in vitamin C water improve health?
- Family says Nelson Mandela on 'deathbed'
- 2 dead, 1 wounded in shooting near NC college
- Fayetteville bank robber sought
- Tata blames environmentalists for bridge woes
- NC has fewer teachers and more students
- UNC upsets No. 1 Michigan State
- NC State beats Northwestern 69-48
- Float banned from Clayton Christmas parade
- Autopsy: Actor died from impact, fire in crash
- Student arrested with loaded gun at Durham high school
- Newtown 911 dispatcher urged callers to take cover
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help