Murder investigation in Chatham County
NEW HILL (WTVD) -- Deputies from the Chatham County Sheriff's Office are investigating after the murder of a man off Highway 42 in Southern Chatham County.
Investigators found Thurman Jerome Jones, 33, dead at the residence after a call was made to authorities.
Authorities said Monday that he was shot and killed during a home invasion Saturday morning around 3:30 am.
Witnesses state that multiple subjects kicked open the front door, came into the home with guns and ordered everyone to the floor. At one point, shots were fired and the suspects left.
Jones was found dead in one of the rooms of the house. Investigators feel that robbery was the motive as a result of what the assailants were saying at this time.
No vehicle was seen and officials say suspect descriptions are very sketching.
Chatham County Sheriff's Deputies are being assisted by members of the Wake County Sheriff's Office, Harnett County Sheriff's Office and SBI.
Authorities have not released any further details at this time.
- Winter weather advisory issued for northern counties
- Match Madness challenge: A chance to save a life!
- St. Patrick's Day Parade draws huge crowds
- Photos: Raleigh's St. Patrick's Day Festival
- Crimeans overwhelmingly vote for secession
- Final words from jet came after systems shutdown
- Duke stays close to home as No. 3 seed
- Tar Heels draw Providence in NCAA opener
- Iowa State ready to face North Carolina Central
- No. 6 UVa tops No. 7 Duke 72-63 for ACC title
- Church services remember those lost in NYC blast
- Newtown struggles to meet mental health demand
- US rejects Crimea vote, cites Russian intimidation
- NC to check Fayetteville police chief credentials