Student, woman hurt in school bus crash
CUMBERLAND COUNTY (WTVD) -- Two people were hurt Thursday afternoon when a school bus and a car collided in Fayetteville.
It happened on Murchison and Shaw roads around 4 p.m. Thursday. Students were on their way home from Luther "Nick" Jeralds Middle School on Ramsey Street when police say a car turned in front of their bus.
School officials say one student complained of neck and shoulder pain and was taken to the hospital to be checked out.
The driver of the car was also transported to the hospital complaining of neck and back pains.
The accident clogged rush hour traffic on Murchison Road, as frantic parents rushed to the scene and were relieved to see there were no serious injuries.
"I was talking and then the next thing I know I go flying," student Ashley King said.
King and six other classmates were riding on bus number 96 when the accident happened. Most of the students on the bus say they were just shaken up.
"It was scary, cause I wasn't paying attention," student Regina King said. "I was talking and stuff it was scary."
The side of the bus and the front end of the car are damaged.
Officials have not release the driver of the car's name, but they do say charges may be pending.
cumberland county, school bus accident, local/state
- Temps to plummet, chance of freezing rain Sunday
- Durham girl's wish comes true
- Teen arrested in theft of part from Paul Walker crash
- Woman unknowingly tweets husband's fatal car crash
- Law enforcement officials go Christmas shopping with kids 52 min ago
- North Korea deports captive US tourist and Korean War vet 6 min ago
- Police: Newlyweds killed man for thrills 12 min ago
- Some travel delays at RDU due to storms
- Woman struck, killed by car in Harnett County
- Son: Graham's health declining
- Wake Forest bank robbery suspect caught
- Motorcyclist killed in Durham County crash
- Xerox calls police before layoffs
- High School Football Scores - Playoffs Week 4
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help