Former DOT head subpoenaed in Easley case
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- A federal grand jury will be focused on former Governor Mike Easley again next week.
ABC11 has obtained a subpoena asking the North Carolina Department of Transportation to turn over documents related to Easley and many of the key people in his administration.
It also commands former state Transportation Secretary Lyndo Tippett to testify.
The grand jury is trying to determine if Easley should face political corruption charges.
Easley's former top aide Ruffin Poole pleaded guilty and is now going to provide potentially damaging testimony about his former boss.
mike easley, local/state
- Family, police at odds over Huerta vigil violence
- One dead, one hurt in Carrboro shooting
- 'Duck Dynasty' family calls show's future into question
- Flight delayed 2 hours for pilot's sandwich delivery
- Critical spacewalk set for Saturday
- Senate leader Harry Reid released from hospital
- Utah Attorney General to challenge end to gay marriage ban
- P.J. Hairston off the team at UNC
- Fury and frustration over Target data breach
- Power play lifts Capitals past Carolina, 4-2Hurricanes surge... 33 min ago
- Photos: What do you do if you shopped at Target?
- Lawmakers get legal help with NC marriage case
- Community rallies around couple after fire
- Foul weather threatens to snarl holiday travel
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help