Lejeune Marine killed in Afghanistan
CAMP LEJEUNE (WTVD) -- Lance Cpl. Anthony A. Dilisio of Macomb, Mich. died May 30 as a result of a hostile incident while supporting combat operations in Helmand province, Afghanistan.
Dilisio, 20, was a mortarman assigned to 1st Battalion, 6th Marine Regiment, Regimental Combat Team 7, I Marine Expeditionary Force Forward. Dilisio joined the Marine Corps in August 2008, and was promoted to the rank of lance corporal on July 1, 2009.
He deployed to Afghanistan in support of Operation Enduring Freedom in December 2009.
His awards include the National Defense Service Medal, Global War on Terrorism Service Medal, Afghanistan Campaign Medal, and NATO International Security Assistance Force Medal.
camp lejeune, local/state
- Funeral held for North Hills murder victim 38 min ago
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- ABC11_WTVD is on Twitter
- ABC11's Gas Buddy: Find the cheapest gas
- Photos: Raleigh's Artsplosure
- 4 year old injured in Durham hit-and-run 29 min ago
- Small Fla. city wonders who won Powerball jackpot
- Boston Marathon bombing victim returns home to NC
- Body of missing Ohio man pulled from NC waters
- NC teacher says student hit her during field trip
- Charlotte remembers 1963 desegregation 'eat-in'
- Swift, Bieber, more ready for Billboard Awards
- OJ Simpson lawyers say he is closer to freedom
- Medical emergency eyed in Va. parade crash