Nurse indicted in nursing home fatal
CHAPEL HILL (WTVD) -- Authorities indicted a Cary woman Monday on one count of second degree murder in the connection with the death of a Britthaven of Chapel Hill patent.
Angela Almore, a registered nurse working at Britthaven of Chapel Hill, is charged with Rachel Holliday's death. She is also charged with six counts of felony patient abuse involving six other Britthaven patents.
Police say Almore over medicated patents with morphine, causing them to be hospitalized.
The charges stem from an investigation conducted by a Medicaid Investigations Unit Nurse Investigator and MIU/SBI Special Agents working jointly with an SBI Special Agent assigned to the SBI Diversion and Environment Crimes Unit.
Almore has been arrested and placed under a $500,000 secured bond at the Orange County jail.
orange county, local/state
- St. Patrick's Day Parade draws huge crowds
- Photos: Raleigh's St. Patrick's Day Festival
- Woman finds lizard head, arm in her salad
- Army reservist, mom to hike Appalachian Trail
- No. 7 Duke beats NC State 75-67
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- Ukraine says Russian forces move outside Crimea
- N.C. Central beats Morgan St. for MEAC title
- Workers sift through rubble for clues to NYC blast
- Man shot, killed in northeast Raleigh
- Man shot, killed at Willow Springs bar
- Woman found unconscious behind the wheel in Durham
- Power knocked out to hundreds after car hits power pole
- Sheriff: Wendell couple killed in murder-suicide