John Edwards' mistress wants book profits
ORANGE COUNTY (WTVD) -- John Edwards' mistress has filed an amended lawsuit against Edwards' former aide.
Rielle Hunter's lawyer says she wants all the money Andrew Young has made from his book about the Edwards' scandal called "The Politician."
"As the North Carolina Supreme Court said, '[the law] forbids you to profit from your own wrong or to pluck good fruit from the evil tree of your own planting,'" Hunter's lawyer said.
Hunter is the woman who had an affair with Edwards. She is also the mother of their child.
The affair and the cover-up are outlined in Young's book.
One part of the book describes a sex tape showing Edwards and Hunter.
Hunter is suing Young to get back a copy of the tape she left behind in a house they shared.
Last month, Hunter gave ther court a deposition in the case.
john edwards, andrew young, rielle hunter, local/state
- Police investigate shooting death as homicide
- FDA to regulate e-cigarettes
- Photos: People's 'Most Beautiful' list of 2014
- Photos: 'That happened how?' Bizarre mix-ups
- Dogwood Festival ready for weather, crowds
- Mother claims daughter assaulted on field trip
- 11 kids, driver hurt in Calif. school bus crash
- I-Team: Babies not getting care due to backlog
- I-Team: Mom warns of shopping cart danger
- Public memorial service set for Danielle Locklear
- Local roofer banned from taking money up front
- New Georgia law makes it legal to carry weapons into bars,...
- Video: Historic NCSU building set for demolition
- Video: Bruce Springsteen fans gather for PNC Arena...