John Edwards' mistress wants book profits
ORANGE COUNTY (WTVD) -- John Edwards' mistress has filed an amended lawsuit against Edwards' former aide.
Rielle Hunter's lawyer says she wants all the money Andrew Young has made from his book about the Edwards' scandal called "The Politician."
"As the North Carolina Supreme Court said, '[the law] forbids you to profit from your own wrong or to pluck good fruit from the evil tree of your own planting,'" Hunter's lawyer said.
Hunter is the woman who had an affair with Edwards. She is also the mother of their child.
The affair and the cover-up are outlined in Young's book.
One part of the book describes a sex tape showing Edwards and Hunter.
Hunter is suing Young to get back a copy of the tape she left behind in a house they shared.
Last month, Hunter gave ther court a deposition in the case.
john edwards, andrew young, rielle hunter, local/state
- Funeral held for North Hills murder victim
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- ABC11_WTVD is on Twitter
- ABC11's Gas Buddy: Find the cheapest gas
- Photos: Raleigh's Artsplosure
- 4 year old injured in Durham hit-and-run
- Small Fla. city wonders who won Powerball jackpot
- Boston Marathon bombing victim returns home to NC
- Body of missing Ohio man pulled from NC waters
- NC teacher says student hit her during field trip
- Charlotte remembers 1963 desegregation 'eat-in'
- Swift, Bieber, more ready for Billboard Awards
- OJ Simpson lawyers say he is closer to freedom
- Medical emergency eyed in Va. parade crash