Where are the gnomes coming from?
DURHAM (WTVD) -- Little gnome statues have been quietly popping up around Durham and it's got tongues wagging.
They have been making their way to strange places like the overpass on Blackwell Street and Morehead Avenue.
Driving north on I-85, we spotted one hanging out on another overpass and a trio of gnomes on another.
"I noticed it kind of laying down going near the mall and I thought, how did someone drive up under there and get this thing up there?" said Cynthia Bizzell of Durham.
No one knows how the gnomes got there - but the blogosphere is buzzing with sightings. There's even a website dedicated to the little guys.
durham county, local/state
- Governor declares emergency in North Carolina
- Win a chance to audition for Jeopardy!
- Man to go to trial over Girl Scout cookie purchase
- US employers add 175K jobs despite harsh weather
- Veteran robbed, assaulted in home
- Missing Maryland girl found in South Carolina
- Accuser gives sexually explicit, emotional testimony
- Woman injured after jumping from car
- NC Sen. Nesbitt service Tuesday in home county
- River water above NC spill high in iron, aluminum
- I-Team: Congress concerned about VA data breach
- Things to do if you have 36 hours in Raleigh
- Testimony reveals Richardson suffered years of abuse
- Rangers rally past Hurricanes 4-2
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help