Police examine Taft murder suspect's e-mail
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- New details have been released in the murder investigation of State Board of Education Member Kathy Taft.
Search warrants show police are now examining e-mail accounts used by the suspect, 30-year-old Jason Williford.
Investigators are looking for any evidence that may link Williford to Taft's murder.
Authorities say Williford sexually assaulted and beat 62-year-old Taft inside a home on Cartier Lane in the late night hours of March 5 or the early morning hours of March 6. Warrants show he was linked to the attack through DNA.
Taft was recovering from plastic surgery at the home when her sister found her unconscious. She died a few days later at WakeMed. An autopsy released last week showed a blow to the head as the cause of death.
Williford is charged with her rape and murder.
wake county, kathy taft, local/state
- Deputies shoot, kill female suspect
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- ABC11_WTVD is on Twitter
- ABC11's Gas Buddy: Find the cheapest gas
- Conn. commuter trains collide; 60 go to hospitals
- Eric Staal returns to Raleigh for MRI
- Child attacked by pit bull dog
- Man attempts to rob Zebulon bank
- Driver faces DWI charge after pedestrian accident
- Golfing great Ken Venturi dies at age 82
- Friend: Murdered mom deleted Facebook due to ex-husband
- Child charged in greenway flashing incident
- Missing man's body found in Jordan Lake
- Group against gay scout inclusion