Police examine Taft murder suspect's e-mail
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- New details have been released in the murder investigation of State Board of Education Member Kathy Taft.
Search warrants show police are now examining e-mail accounts used by the suspect, 30-year-old Jason Williford.
Investigators are looking for any evidence that may link Williford to Taft's murder.
Authorities say Williford sexually assaulted and beat 62-year-old Taft inside a home on Cartier Lane in the late night hours of March 5 or the early morning hours of March 6. Warrants show he was linked to the attack through DNA.
Taft was recovering from plastic surgery at the home when her sister found her unconscious. She died a few days later at WakeMed. An autopsy released last week showed a blow to the head as the cause of death.
Williford is charged with her rape and murder.
wake county, kathy taft, local/state
- Funeral held for North Hills murder victim
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- ABC11_WTVD is on Twitter
- ABC11's Gas Buddy: Find the cheapest gas
- North Carolina Senate rolls out budget plan
- Photos: Raleigh's Artsplosure
- 4 year old injured in Durham hit-and-run
- Small Fla. city wonders who won Powerball jackpot
- Boston Marathon bombing victim returns home to NC
- Body of missing Ohio man pulled from NC waters
- NC teacher says student hit her during field trip
- Charlotte remembers 1963 desegregation 'eat-in'
- Swift, Bieber, more ready for Billboard Awards
- OJ Simpson lawyers say he is closer to freedom
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos