Top state officials appear before Easley grand jury
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- A grand jury investigating former North Carolina Governor Mike Easley continued with its business Thursday - calling two top former state officials to testify.
Former North Carolina Secretary of Commerce Jim Fain and former Transportation Secretary Lyndo Tippett were both seen at the federal courthouse in Raleigh.
The grand jury has been looking into campaign financing and land deals the involving Easley. He has not been charged with any crime.
One former Easley aid, Ruffin Poole, has pleaded guilty to tax evasion. Poole made a deal with prosecutors and is also expected to testify.
wake county, mike easley, local/state
- Audit shows problems with NCTracks 2 min ago
- Heart of Carolina Food Drive wrapping up soon
- South African police prepare for Mandela ceremony
- Man must pay $50K after breaking up with fiancee
- Car drives off bridge, into Harnett County creek 32 min ago
- North Carolina ties to Craigslist murder
- Autopsy reveals Jamie Hahn stabbed 24 times
- Art Pope says he's sad about Roses, Maxway pickets
- Second suspect named in double murder
- World leaders to speak at massive Mandela memorial
- Wake Forest chooses Bowling Green's Clawson 26 min ago
- Reward doubled in Mount Olive murders
- Deputy hits deer, tree in Moore County
- New American Airlines emerges as deal closes
- Audit shows problems with NC Tracks
2 min ago
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help