Trial date set in Apex teen murder
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- A firm trial date was set Thursday for the former friend of an Apex teen accused of his murder.
Ryan Hare is now set to face a jury September 6 before Judge Paul Ridgeway.
Hare's attorney asked the judge for money for a psychiatrist. That request was granted.
The body of 18-year-old Apex resident Mathew Silliman was discovered in an empty home in the New Hill area of Wake County in November 2008. According to the medical examiner, he was drugged, strangled and suffocated.
Detectives have accused four former friends in his death. In addition to Hare, Aadil Shaaid Kahn, Allegra Rose Dahlquist, and Drew Logan Shaw are accused of involvement. The three are expected to enter pleas in the case and then testify against Hare.
matthew silliman, local/state
- Governor declares emergency in North Carolina
- Win a chance to audition for Jeopardy!
- Man to go to trial over Girl Scout cookie purchase
- US employers add 175K jobs despite harsh weather
- Veteran robbed, assaulted in home
- Missing Maryland girl found in South Carolina
- Accuser gives sexually explicit, emotional testimony
- Woman injured after jumping from car
- NC Sen. Nesbitt service Tuesday in home county
- River water above NC spill high in iron, aluminum
- I-Team: Congress concerned about VA data breach
- Things to do if you have 36 hours in Raleigh
- Testimony reveals Richardson suffered years of abuse
- Rangers rally past Hurricanes 4-2
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help