Loved ones bid farewell to Edna Stewart
June 19, 2010 (CHICAGO) -- Friends and family said goodbye Saturday to a legendary Chicago restaurateur.
The funeral for Edna Stewart took place at United Baptist Church on West Roosevelt.
Stewart died June 11 from cancer. She was the namesake and owner of 'Edna's,' a popular West Side restaurant.
The restaurant was known for its soul food. The business was also a meeting place for civil rights leaders, including Dr. Martin Luther King.
Edna Stewart was 72 years old.
- St. Patrick's Day Parade draws huge crowds
- Photos: Raleigh's St. Patrick's Day Festival
- Woman finds lizard head, arm in her salad
- Army reservist, mom to hike Appalachian Trail
- No. 7 Duke beats NC State 75-67
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- Ukraine says Russian forces move outside Crimea
- Workers sift through rubble for clues to NYC blast
- Man shot, killed in northeast Raleigh
- Man shot, killed at Willow Springs bar
- Woman found unconscious behind the wheel in Durham
- Power knocked out to hundreds after car hits power pole
- Sheriff: Wendell couple killed in murder-suicide
- Crews battle large apartment complex fire
- Duke University senior killed in Florida...
24 min ago