Loved ones bid farewell to Edna Stewart
June 19, 2010 (CHICAGO) -- Friends and family said goodbye Saturday to a legendary Chicago restaurateur.
The funeral for Edna Stewart took place at United Baptist Church on West Roosevelt.
Stewart died June 11 from cancer. She was the namesake and owner of 'Edna's,' a popular West Side restaurant.
The restaurant was known for its soul food. The business was also a meeting place for civil rights leaders, including Dr. Martin Luther King.
Edna Stewart was 72 years old.
- Man shot outside Fayetteville grocery store
- Car accident killed girls missing since 1971
- Dress codes: Where should schools set limits?
- Gas prices on the rise; still lower than last Easter
- Nurseries, homeowners take steps to protect plants 12 min ago
- Putin urges end to blockade of Trans-Dniester
- Fire truck rams California eatery; 15 injured
- Family of Fayetteville Navy Yard shooting victim files suit
- 2 more charged in Wake Forest kidnapping
- Sketch of Cary rape suspect released
- McCrory proposes new coal ash regulation
- Amanda Hayes faces new charges in Texas