Two Bragg soldiers killed in Afghanistan
FORT BRAGG (WTVD) -- The Department of Defense says two Fort Bragg soldiers have been killed in Afghanistan.
Twenty-four-year-old Specialist Joseph D. Johnson from Flint, Mich., and Private First Class Gunnar R. Hotchkin, 31, of Naperville, Ill. died last week at North Kunduz in Afghanistan.
The DOD reports that the attackers used an improvised explosive device the attack the men's unit.
The soldiers were assigned to the 18th Airborne Corps in Fort Bragg, N.C.
fort bragg, local/state
- Woman speaks out about Clayton group home
- ABC11 channel changes
- Reports of rashes spur Fitbit recall
- Wrestler loses championship, wins crowd over
- Jet aborts takeoff after gear failure in Philly
- Skiba's mom says Richardson murdered daughter
- Durham school bus involved in accident
- Man killed by falling tree in Chapel Hill
- Police: Man who solicited sex from teen charged
- Official: Airliner communications shut down separately
- Hurricanes rally to beat Sabres 4-2
- NC State tops Miami 67-58 in ACC tourney
- Emails show close ties between Duke, NC regulators
- Teen faces sexting charges following social media mistake