Durham shelter receives major gift
DURHAM (WTVD) -- More than 100 brand new mattresses were delivered Thursday to the Urban Ministries of Durham on Liberty Street.
The donation was granted after GlaxoSmithKline Director of US Community Partnerships Bill Shore visited UMD in February. He encouraged the shelter to apply for funds through the company's Community Partnership Grant program.
A ceremony was held this morning featuring speakers from UMD, GlaxoSmithKline and Duke University Medical Systems.
UMD's request of $12,000 was fulfill up to $10,000 by GSK, and the remaining $2,000 was picked up by Duke University Health Systems.
durham county, glaxosmithklien, local/state
- McNeill found guilty of first-degree murder 15 min ago
- First Alert Doppler XP
- LIVE North Carolina Weather Radar
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- Suspect in Raleigh murder has criminal past 11 min ago
- Fort Bragg teachers face unpaid time off 45 min ago
- Police investigate apparent murder-suicide
- Thunderstorms slow Oklahoma tornado cleanup
- GM recalling Cadillac SUVs to tighten wheels
- Krzyzewski returning to coach USA Basketball
- AAA Carolinas expects more travel on Memorial Day
- 3 arrested in murder of Raleigh mother
- Video: 82nd's All American Week Division review
- Senate Republicans moving NC budget to House
- Suspect in Raleigh murder has criminal past
10 min ago
- McNeill found guilty of first-degree murder
10 min ago