Authorities seize 1,800 pounds pot off tractor-trailer
HOKE COUNTY (WTVD) -- The Hoke County Sheriff's Office announced Tuesday that it and several other law enforcement agencies seized more than 1,800 pounds of marijuana from a tractor-trailer.
Hoke County Sheriff Hubert Peterkin says the Robeson County Sheriff's Office received a tip on June 30 about a shipment of drugs that would be arriving in the Red Springs, NC area.
Based on that tip, the Robeson County Sheriff's Office, the Hoke County Sheriff's Office, the DEA, the ATF and the Raeford Police Department responded to the location in the Hoke County section of Red Springs.
Authorities discovered the marijuana concealed inside a tractor-trailer. The street value of the drugs is $1.8 million.
Sheriff Peterkin said no charges have been filed yet, but the investigation is ongoing. No suspects were named.
robeson county, hoke county, local/state
- ABC11 food drive makes sure no one goes hungry
- Woman claws her way out of locked bathroom
- Pope Francis is Time's Person of the Year
- Man arrested in death of SC mayor's brother in law
- Man charged with stealing names, SS numbers from soldiers
- Man struck, killed on I-95 in Selma
- Shearon Harris back in operation
- American University campus lockdown lifted
- Appeal to be heard in Jason Young case
- Police: Teen in custody shot himself
- Pilot who crashed at SFO worried about landing
- NASA: Cooling pump on space station shuts down
- Prosecutor: no domestic charges against Zimmerman
- Wake schools bus shows up hours late
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help