Raceway shooting suspect surrenders to authorities
SAMPSON COUNTY (WTVD) -- The Sampson County Sheriff's Office has charged a man in connection with the deadly July 4 shooting a Harrell's Raceway.
However, Sheriff Jimmy Thornton says 32-year-old Torrey Tremayne Frederick is not charged with murder.
Frederick and the victim allegedly got into an argument at the raceway around 6:30 p.m. Witnessed told investigators the argument ended with 29-year-old Timothy McKoy being shot. He died from his injuries.
Frederick is charged with possession of a firearm by a felon in connection with that shooting. He is being held in the Sampson County Detention Center under $15,000.
The investigation is ongoing and no one has been charged with McKoy's death.
Sheriff Thornton says investigators are still processing evidence and interviews in addition to consulting with the district attorney's office.
sampson county, shooting, local/state
- Man shot, killed in northeast Raleigh
- Woman finds lizard head, arm in her salad
- Army reservist, mom to hike Appalachian Trail
- ABC11 channel changes
- Duke senior killed in Florida crash
- Sinclair trial to resume Monday at Fort Bragg
- Missing plane: Piracy theory gains more credence
- Girl allegedly begged Richardson not to hurt her
- Three schools consolidated into one at Ft. Bragg
- I-Team investigates coal ash ponds on Cape Fear River
- Police: Man who solicited sex from teen charged
- No. 7 Duke escapes against Clemson, 63-62
- NC State upsets Syracuse 66-63
- Pittsburgh beats No. 15 UNC 80-75