Pay your traffic ticket online
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- Thanks to a new online system, North Carolinians can save time by avoiding lines at the courthouse and paying their tickets online.
The new payNCticket system launched as a pilot program in March. Since then, the website began averaging about $24,000 per day in tickets. The state estimates the new system has kept about 4,700 people from standing in line.
The pay system was implemented by the N.C. Administrative Office of the Courts.
"The payNCticket system is a major step toward increasing the North Carolina court system's online service capacities and meeting the technological needs of citizens as well as court officials and staff," said Judge John W. Smith, NCAOC director. "It provides a more convenient payment option for citizens, and it allows for quicker disposition of cases due to automatic updates of case records."
Payments may be made at www.payNCticket.org and are processed by an independent third-party vendor.
wake county, local/state
- Family, police at odds over Huerta vigil violence 46 min ago
- One dead, one hurt in Carrboro shooting
- 'Duck Dynasty' family calls show's future into question
- Flight delayed 2 hours for pilot's sandwich delivery
- Woman rescued from crashed van
- Durham house damaged by fire 58 min ago
- Critical spacewalk set for Saturday
- Senate leader Harry Reid released from hospital
- Utah Attorney General to challenge end to gay marriage ban
- P.J. Hairston off the team at UNC
- Man with Down syndrome learns he's...
- Fury and frustration over Target data breach
- Power play lifts Capitals past Carolina, 4-2Hurricanes surge...
- Photos: What do you do if you shopped at Target?
- Family, police at odds over Huerta vigil...
30 min ago
- Helping Hands Mission needs donations
31 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help