New poster released for missing Sampson Co. boy
SAMPSON COUNTY (WTVD) -- A Sampson County family is marking a somber day with a new poster of a boy that has been missing for nine years.
Today is the 14th birthday of Tristen "Buddy" Myers.
He vanished from his grandparents' Roseboro home in 2000. A newly released poster shows what Myers may look like now.
He was last seen walking with his dogs on October 5, 2000. The dogs returned home without Myers.
Authorities spent weeks searching the area for the boy but never found any clues of what may have happened to him. Authorities never released any suspect information.
Myer's family continues to hold out hope that he is alive.
sampson county, local/state
- AAA Carolinas expects more travel on Memorial Day
- First Alert Doppler XP
- LIVE North Carolina Weather Radar
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- Crews search for missing boater on Cape Fear River
- Private plane lands short of Charlotte runway
- Hit-and-run driver sought in fatal moped crash
- Defense wraps after Abaroa's mom's testimony
- Super PAC created for possible Tillis Senate bid
- More salmonella cases reported in Fayetteville
- Biographer regrets affair with former CIA director
- TSA finds man carrying gun on prosthetic leg
- Toronto mayor denies he smokes crack cocaine
- Family continues to experience miracles