Three Marines charged in crime ring
ONSLOW COUNTY (WTVD) -- Deputies say they have cracked what they're calling a "major crime ring" involving three Marines based at Camp Lejeune.
Charged are 19-year-old Aaron Jacob Lee, 21-year-old Joshua Anthony Mathis, and 20-year-old Deangelo Lebron Gearing.
According to a news release from the Onslow County Sheriff's Office, $175,000 worth of stolen cars and items from home burglaries have been recovered so far. The Marines face vehicle larceny, vehicle burglary, and home burglary charges.
Investigators say the thefts and burglaries occurred in Onslow County, City of Jacksonville, Camp Lejeune and Pitt County.
Other arrests are expected.
Seven stolen vehicles have been recovered. Two of the vehicles, a 1968 Camaro and a rollback car carrier stolen from the City of Jacksonville, were recovered in Hot Springs, Arkansas.
Three other vehicles were stolen from Camp Lejeune and Navy investigators are expected to file charges in those cases.
Other stolen property included guns and computers.
camp lejeune, onslow county, local/state
- Barber, 11 others found guilty in Moral Monday protests 54 min ago
- 'Tipsforjesus' leaving thousands in tips
- Does bathing in vitamin C water improve health?
- Family says Nelson Mandela on 'deathbed'
- Johnston County teen faces 'sexting' charges 52 min ago
- State prison guard attacked by inmate 11 min ago
- Most popular Google questions about NC 32 min ago
- Sandwich shop closed for employee 'attitude adjustment' 40 min ago
- Authorities searching for bank robbery suspect
- Family of 7 displaced in Carrboro fire
- Fire damages Fayetteville apartment building
- Bank robbed in Durham
- No. 20 Duke relishes worst-to-first ride
- Newtown 911 dispatcher urged callers to take cover
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help