John Edwards has deposition demands
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- In court documents obtained by ABC11 Eyewitness News, former senator John Edwards is trying to set rules for his deposition in the now notorious lawsuit over a video that purportedly shows him having sex with his mistress.
Edward's mistress, Rielle Hunter, has sued Edwards' former aide, Andrew Young, and his wife, over ownership of the video.
Hunter says it's her property, but the Youngs say she left it behind in the house they all shared while concealing the affair with Edwards.
Edwards' attorney is asking that if his deposition is videotaped that it not be released to the media unless it is shown in court and becomes public record.
He's also asking that questioning be limited to custody of the videotape.
It is unclear when Edwards will give his deposition.
andrew young, john edwards, rielle hunter, local/state
- Winning Powerball ticket sold in Florida
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- ABC11_WTVD is on Twitter
- ABC11's Gas Buddy: Find the cheapest gas
- NC teacher says student hit her during field trip 39 min ago
- Charlotte remembers 1963 desegregation 'eat-in' 59 min ago
- Swift, Bieber, more ready for Billboard Awards 28 min ago
- OTRC: Billboard Music Awards 2013 nominees list
- White House insists Obama was not involved in IRS
- Hofstra student killed by police during break-in
- Medical emergency eyed in Va. parade crash
- Ex-Pa. officer once hailed as hero faces charges
- abcnews: First lady makes light of husband's failures
- Another mugging reported at Durham bank