Woman reporting calls after racial slur complaint
APEX (WTVD) -- A Wake County woman says she's receiving harassing phone calls after reporting finding the N-word on a pizza receipt.
The sheriff's department is investigating calls the Apex woman says she's gotten since talking with ABC11 Eyewitness News Friday about an order she placed at the Dominos off of Ten Ten Road and 401 in Raleigh.
The general manager of the store told ABC11 Eyewitness News that they took the complaint very seriously and did some digging and the delivery driver who put the racial slur on the receipt was fired.
Carla Robinson says the man who allegedly wrote the N-word followed by "don't tip" on her receipt called her phone after he got fired and used the N-word again.
Robinson says she went to the Wake County Sheriff's Department to report the harassing phone calls she has received since Friday.
Robinson played several of the voicemails for ABC11 on Monday. Some of the recordings were just noise, while others were people using fake accents and talking about the pizza delivery and the racial slur.
One call she says she answered, but didn't record, was the delivery man complaining that she got him fired and called her the N-word. But the former Domino's delivery driver contacted Eyewitness News to say he didn't make that call.
He says he wrote the note in anger after not receiving tips from African American customers including Robinson, but says he realizes now it was a mistake and is sorry for his actions.
He also says sheriff's investigators are welcome to review his cell phone records, so he can prove he didn't make the calls to Robinson.
Meanwhile, Robinson says she met with a sheriff's investigator, but the sheriff's department will not comment on an investigation that's underway.
wake county, local/state
- Soggy, cool Saturday to start holiday weekend
- Woman narrowly escapes grocery store crash
- Why married women cheat
- Deputies: Man smothered crying son over video game
- Shedding light on Clinton's health overhaul flop 21 min ago
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart 27 min ago
- Asia seeks Obama's assurance in territorial spats
- Captain of sunken South Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- Sub search for missing jet to be finished in week
- NC woman to climb Kilimanjaro to focus on diabetes
- Cooper asks NC court to intervene in rate increase
- Warehouse fire cause explained
- At barricades, Ukraine insurgents await Easter
- 13th body pulled from snow in Everest avalanche
- Controversial Easter ad features Jesus...
47 min ago