Duke lacrosse accuser re-arrested
DURHAM (WTVD) -- A judge has ordered former Duke lacrosse accuser Crystal Mangum arrested again.
Officials say Mangum violated the terms of her pre-trial release related to the visitation hours with her children.
Mangum turned herself in Thursday morning. She declined to comment to reporters on the advice of her attorney. Bond was set at $150,000.
Mangum is the Durham woman best known for accusing members of the Duke lacrosse team of rape in 2006. The players were later exonerated and the charges against them dropped.
In February, police charged Mangum with attempted murder, arson, and child abuse after a domestic dispute with her boyfriend.
According to an arrest warrant, the 33-year-old scratched, punched and threw objects at Milton Walker before setting his clothes on fire in a bathtub. Arresting officers said Mangum threatened to stab Walker while they were at her home. They went there after one of her children called 911.
Mangum spent three months behind bars before Hammond and Hammond bail bond service posted her $100,000 bail in May free of charge. Mangum's bail originally was set at $1 million before being lowered.
Mangum has told reporters Wednesday she didn't attack Walker and didn't burn his clothes. She said she believes her involvement in the Duke Lacrosse case influenced what happened to her in February.
durham county, duke lacrosse, durham police, local/state
- ABC11 food drive makes sure no one goes hungry 45 min ago
- Woman claws her way out of locked bathroom
- Pope Francis is Time's Person of the Year
- Man arrested in death of SC mayor's brother in law
- Man struck, killed on I-95 in Selma 28 min ago
- American Univ: campus on lockdown, gunman reported 23 min ago
- Pilot who crashed at SFO worried about landing 13 min ago
- Wake schools bus shows up hours late
- NC lawmaker charged in state tax case resigns
- Ex-NC State coach pleads guilty to tax charges
- Victim in Durham apartment shooting dies
- Car hits CAT bus, injuries reported
- Mandela ceremony interpreter deemed a 'fake'
- Teachers union files suit challenging school voucher law
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help