Duke lacrosse accuser re-arrested
DURHAM (WTVD) -- A judge has ordered former Duke lacrosse accuser Crystal Mangum arrested again.
Officials say Mangum violated the terms of her pre-trial release related to the visitation hours with her children.
Mangum turned herself in Thursday morning. She declined to comment to reporters on the advice of her attorney. Bond was set at $150,000.
Mangum is the Durham woman best known for accusing members of the Duke lacrosse team of rape in 2006. The players were later exonerated and the charges against them dropped.
In February, police charged Mangum with attempted murder, arson, and child abuse after a domestic dispute with her boyfriend.
According to an arrest warrant, the 33-year-old scratched, punched and threw objects at Milton Walker before setting his clothes on fire in a bathtub. Arresting officers said Mangum threatened to stab Walker while they were at her home. They went there after one of her children called 911.
Mangum spent three months behind bars before Hammond and Hammond bail bond service posted her $100,000 bail in May free of charge. Mangum's bail originally was set at $1 million before being lowered.
Mangum has told reporters Wednesday she didn't attack Walker and didn't burn his clothes. She said she believes her involvement in the Duke Lacrosse case influenced what happened to her in February.
durham county, duke lacrosse, durham police, local/state
- Governor declares emergency in North Carolina
- Win a chance to audition for Jeopardy!
- Man to go to trial over Girl Scout cookie purchase
- US employers add 175K jobs despite harsh weather
- Veteran robbed, assaulted in home
- Missing Maryland girl found in South Carolina
- Accuser gives sexually explicit, emotional testimony
- Woman injured after jumping from car
- NC Sen. Nesbitt service Tuesday in home county
- River water above NC spill high in iron, aluminum
- I-Team: Congress concerned about VA data breach
- Things to do if you have 36 hours in Raleigh
- Testimony reveals Richardson suffered years of abuse
- Rangers rally past Hurricanes 4-2
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help