Man charged in teen slaying
HENDERSON (WTVD) -- Police say they've charged a Henderson man in the shooting death of a 19-year-old.
According to a news release from the Henderson Police Department, officers were called to The Variety and Tobacco Mart on East Andrews Avenue around 11 p.m. on September 24.
There, they found 19-year-old Jamario Neal lying on the ground with a gunshot wound. He died after he was taken to a local hospital.
Now, Juan Antwon Miles of 707 Champion Street in Henderson NC is charged with first-degree murder, possession of firearm by felon, and discharging firearm into an occupied dwelling.
vance county, homicide, local/state
- 20 children among 51 dead in Okla. tornado 12 min ago
- First Alert Doppler XP
- LIVE North Carolina Weather Radar
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- Hazmat situation at Raleigh apt. complex 25 min ago
- Police search for shooting suspect 14 min ago
- NC Senate budget plan heavy on Medicaid spending
- NRC meets public after nuclear plant shuttered
- Prosecution rests in Abaroa murder trial
- Woman accused of poisoning family
- Closing arguments to begin in McNeill trial
- Video: Blood drive held to honor injured trooper
- Broyhill indicted in Hahn murder
- Contractor accused by homeowners
- Frightening moments for local family with...
53 min ago
- NC NAACP protests reach highest arrest...
48 min ago