School bus rear ends car, students on board
WAKE COUNTY (WTVD) -- Thirty-five elementary school students were on a Wake County school bus Monday afternoon when it rear ended a vehicle at the intersection of Ten Ten and Blaney Franks roads in Apex.
The state Highway Patrol says one of the 35 students was treated at the scene by paramedics.
Authorities say two adults in the car was also treated.
Wake County school spokesman Michael Evans said the school bus was bus number 590 from Middle Creek Elementary School.
Just after 5 p.m., officials placed the remaining students on another school bus to take them home.
The accident blocked Ten Ten Road for several hours as crews cleared the scene.
wake county, wake county schools, school bus accident, local/state
- Suspected meth found near RDU airport 29 min ago
- Get the ABC11 First Alert Weather App
- Interactive Hurricane Tracking Map 19 min ago
- LIVE North Carolina Weather Radar
- Stocks slide as Fed says bond purchases could slow 12 min ago
- NC first lady urges Senate action on breeder bill 19 min ago
- UNC-Chapel Hill holds emergency drill
- Wake Forest natural gas leak capped
- Tropical Storm Barry forms off Mexican coast
- Former TWA Flight 800 investigators want new probe
- Traffic returns to Wash. bridge that collapsed
- NAACP, students challenge education changes
- Driver facing charges after passenger injured in accident
- Baby born on Raleigh Beltline
- Suspected meth found near RDU airport
28 min ago
- Money Saver: Home pet remedies
38 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos