Amtrak train hits, kills man
DURHAM (WTVD) -- Authorities are investigating a train accident that killed a man Monday.
It happened just before 7:30 a.m. at the T.W. Alexander Crossing near Weck Drive as the train was traveling to Durham.
The Amtrak hit 31-year-old Fasil Aynu of Morrisville. Authorities say according to a preliminary investigation, it appears he intentionally walked on to the train tracks.
Investigators from Amtrak and Norfolk Southern spent much of the morning working with Durham police at the scene. The body was discovered near the woods.
Further details about the incident have not been released at this time.
accident, durham county, local/state
- Winter weather possible for some northern areas
- Win a chance to audition for Jeopardy!
- Don't worry, guacamole safe from climate change
- Airline passenger leaves nasty note for pilot
- Man accused of taking doctor's identity surrenders
- Durham crime numbers show mixed results
- Sinclair to face 15 year sentence, plea offer accepted
- NCCU students take part in Match Madness
- NC terror suspect says he's being tortured
- Man charged in fatal hit-and-run gets lower bond
- Road rage incident leads to gun being shown
- Coach K released from hospital after game
- More evidence presented in Teghan Skiba murder case
- EU slaps initial sanctions on Russia
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help