Baby dies after mother runs him over
WARREN COUNTY (WTVD) -- A 2-month-old infant has died after deputies say his mother ran him over.
It happened Monday night at an apartment complex in Norlina.
A frantic Shakita Williams, 26, told a 911 dispatcher it was an accident.
"I forgot that I had left him sitting on the side of the car instead of putting him in first," she said through tears.
She said she was trying to load trash into her car to take it to the dumpster when the car grazed her baby boy's head.
Williams said over and over again in the 911 call that she was sorry. The child died Tuesday afternoon at the hospital.
The district attorney will decide if charges will be filed.
warren county, accident, local/state
- Man shot outside Fayetteville grocery store
- Blast on site of explosives plants kills 1
- Easter butter lamb gets 'pardon' at Buffalo market
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- Former teacher faces charges 57 min ago
- Gas prices on the rise; still lower than last Easter
- Nurseries, homeowners take steps to protect plants
- Troubleshooter investigates Papa John's dough
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' sequel in the works
- Portland plans reservoir flush after teen cited
- 2 more charged in Wake Forest kidnapping
- Girl's memorial being held at basketball arena
- Sketch of Cary rape suspect released
- McCrory proposes new coal ash regulation