One killed in Fayetteville motorcycle crash
FAYETTEVILLE (WTVD) -- One person was killed in a motorcycle crash in Fayetteville Thursday night.
The wreck happened around 10 p.m. on Bragg Boulevard at Barrington Cross Street.
Police say two Harley Davidson motorcycles were traveling east on Bragg Boulevard when one hit a vehicle making a turn onto the road from behind.
Motorcycle rider Robert Nichols, 41, of Belcamp, Maryland was killed. The rider on the second motorcycle also lost control and was thrown from his bike. He was treated at Cape Fear Valley hospital.
Witnesses said it appeared the bikers were racing each other just before the crash.
The south bound lanes of Bragg Boulevard were closed for several hours as officials cleared the scene.
The Fayetteville Police Department Traffic Unit is investigating the crash. No charges have been filed.
cumberland county, accident, local/state
- Target investigating credit card breach
- Will 'Anchorman 2' live up to the hype?
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2013
- Bradley Cooper happy to be sober
- Man shot, collapses at gas station
- Police issue warning on eve of Huerta vigil
- Dog helps doctors monitor child during operation
- Army helicopter crash victim from Triangle
- Ex-boyfriend charged in Durham double murder
- Texas upends No. 14 North Carolina 86-83 59 min ago
- NC State beats Vols 65-58 for sixth straight win
- White House task force urges limit on NSA snooping
- Ferry that ran aground on NC coast still stuck
- Crawleigh could affect school start times
- Local woman helps Obamacare efforts
45 min ago
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help