One killed in Fayetteville motorcycle crash
FAYETTEVILLE (WTVD) -- One person was killed in a motorcycle crash in Fayetteville Thursday night.
The wreck happened around 10 p.m. on Bragg Boulevard at Barrington Cross Street.
Police say two Harley Davidson motorcycles were traveling east on Bragg Boulevard when one hit a vehicle making a turn onto the road from behind.
Motorcycle rider Robert Nichols, 41, of Belcamp, Maryland was killed. The rider on the second motorcycle also lost control and was thrown from his bike. He was treated at Cape Fear Valley hospital.
Witnesses said it appeared the bikers were racing each other just before the crash.
The south bound lanes of Bragg Boulevard were closed for several hours as officials cleared the scene.
The Fayetteville Police Department Traffic Unit is investigating the crash. No charges have been filed.
cumberland county, accident, local/state
- Man shot, killed in northeast Raleigh
- Woman finds lizard head, arm in her salad
- Army reservist, mom to hike Appalachian Trail
- ABC11 channel changes
- Duke senior killed in Florida crash
- Sinclair trial to resume Monday at Fort Bragg
- Missing plane: Piracy theory gains more credence
- Girl allegedly begged Richardson not to hurt her
- Three schools consolidated into one at Ft. Bragg
- I-Team investigates coal ash ponds on Cape Fear River
- Police: Man who solicited sex from teen charged
- No. 7 Duke escapes against Clemson, 63-62
- NC State upsets Syracuse 66-63
- Pittsburgh beats No. 15 UNC 80-75