Police: Big rig 'brushed' school bus
WAYNE COUNTY (WTVD) -- A Wayne County school bus was brushed by a big rig Thursday afternoon, according to authorities.
Wayne County Schools PIO Ken Derksen tells ABC11 Eyewitness News that the accident happened on NC-111 near Hwy 70 around 4 p.m.
He says the semi-truck was travelling next to the school bus when it sideswiped the bus and took the mirrors off.
Three students were on board at the time, but no one was injured.
Officials brought out another school bus to transport the kids home.
It is unclear at this time if the driver of the truck will face any charges. Further details about the accident have not been released.
wayne county, school bus accident, local/state
- Family of Danielle Locklear opens up
- Suspect in Durham carjacking, crash sought
- Why married women cheat
- Deputies: Man smothered crying son over video game
- Woman narrowly escapes grocery store crash
- GOP: Teacher crisis started before McCrory
- Avalanche sweeps down Everest, killing at least 12
- Woman's tax refund gobbled by unpaid tickets
- Couple charged after meth lab found in home 4 min ago
- Photos: Fire in Sea Isle City, NJ
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sunken ferry
- Magnitude-7.2 earthquake shakes Mexican capital
- Mazda recalls 109,000 older SUVs for rust problem
- Duke's Rodney Hood to enter NBA Draft