12-year-old accidentally shot
HENDERSON (WTVD) -- Officials say a 12-year-old boy was wounded by a shotgun blast Sunday in Vance County.
According to the Vance County Sheriff's Office, Jacob Orr of 1942 Kelly Road, was walking up a path on LeMay Lane east of Henderson when he walked into the line of fire of some men doing target practice with shotguns.
Orr was hit with buckshot in the chin, leg, and twice in the chest.
He was taken by Vance County EMS to Maria Parham Hospital on Sunday and then transferred to Duke Hospital where he had surgery Monday. A family member said he was expected to recover.
The sheriff's department called the incident an accident, but said the investigation was ongoing.
vance county, shooting, local/state
- Man shot, killed in northeast Raleigh
- Woman finds lizard head, arm in her salad
- Army reservist, mom to hike Appalachian Trail
- ABC11 channel changes
- Duke senior killed in Florida crash
- Sinclair trial to resume Monday at Fort Bragg
- Missing plane: Piracy theory gains more credence
- Girl allegedly begged Richardson not to hurt her
- Three schools consolidated into one at Ft. Bragg
- I-Team investigates coal ash ponds on Cape Fear River
- Police: Man who solicited sex from teen charged
- No. 7 Duke escapes against Clemson, 63-62
- NC State upsets Syracuse 66-63
- Pittsburgh beats No. 15 UNC 80-75