Plane makes emergency landing at RDU
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- A Southwest Airlines jet was forced to make an emergency landing at Raleigh-Durham International Airport after a brief scare in the air Wednesday evening.
Airport officials say the Boeing 737 had left Baltimore Washington International Airport and was on its way to Jackson, Mississippi when the pilots reported smoke in the cockpit.
The plane was diverted to RDU. Fire crews were called to the tarmac as Flight 2771 landed safely around 4:30 p.m.
No one was hurt and the passengers were loaded onto another the plane to continue their trip.
Crews checked out the plane before it was able to take off again.
raleigh durham airport, local/state
- Powerball players check their tickets
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- ABC11_WTVD is on Twitter
- ABC11's Gas Buddy: Find the cheapest gas
- Tanker truck collides with SUV in Johnston County
- Inmate escapes from NC prison, found 4 miles away
- 2 charged with murder in Rocky Mount shooting
- Army investigates 23-year-old paratrooper's death
- Another mugging reported at Durham bank
- Man, granddaughter killed in Wayne County crash
- Pedestrian hit, killed in Fayetteville
- Illinois Lottery bounced checks for 8 winners
- Eric Staal's MRI reveals good news for Caniacs
- Up to 60 injured after car drives into Va. parade
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos