Sir Walter Wally predicts more winter
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- While the nation's most famous groundhog Punxsutawney Phil predicted an early spring Wednesday, Raleigh's pudgy prognosticator Sir Walter Wally had a different take.
Around noon, Wally saw his shadow out in front of the Museum of Natural Sciences - meaning six more weeks of winter.
Wally's record of predictions is better than Phil's. In the 13 years Wally has been predicting in Raleigh, he's been right 60 percent of the time.
wake county, local/state
- Winter weather advisory for northern counties
- Match Madness challenge: A chance to save a life!
- St. Patrick's Day Parade draws huge crowds
- Photos: Raleigh's St. Patrick's Day Festival
- Cavs join Gators, 'Cats, Shockers as No. 1 seeds
- NCCU will be part of March Madness
- Video: NC State headed to NCAA tournament
- Russia calls on Ukraine to be a federal state
- Plane search expands from Australia to Kazakhstan
- NC to check Fayetteville police chief credentials
- Former student fires BB gun inside high school
- Man shot, killed at Willow Spring bar
- Man shot, killed in northeast Raleigh
- Duke University senior killed in Florida crash