Body of missing kayaker found
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- The body of a missing kayaker has been found in Falls Lake.
Authorities said 40-year old Greg Feeter had been missing since launching from the Upper Barton Creek Boat Ramp off Six Forks Road on Sunday.
Feeter's wife said when he did not return home, the Wake County Sheriff's Department launched an intense search with boats, helicopters and dogs.
Feeter's empty kayak, a backpack, and several other things were previously found.
The New Hanover Sheriff's office sonar and dive team located the body with the help of a search dog.
Feeter was found shortly before 6 p.m. Wednesday near the Upper Barton Creek Boat Ramp.
falls lake, local/state
- Search for missing swimmer to resume Thursday
- Get the ABC11 First Alert Weather App
- Interactive Hurricane Tracking Map
- LIVE North Carolina Weather Radar
- NWS confirms Franklin County tornado
- Wake superintendent named, controversy begins
- 'Sopranos' actor James Gandolfini has died
- Former TWA Flight 800 investigators want new probe
- Deen says she used slur but doesn't tolerate hate
- Stocks slide as Fed says bond purchases could slow
- NC first lady urges Senate action on breeder bill
- UNC-Chapel Hill holds emergency drill
- Suspected meth found near RDU airport
- Wake Forest natural gas leak capped
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos