School bus collides with SUV
APEX (WTVD) -- A Wake County school bus collided with a SUV in southern Wake Monday morning.
It happened at the intersection of Old Smithfield Road and Highway 55 in Holly Springs around 7:20 a.m.
Holly Springs police said a white GMC Envoy made a left turn from Old Smithfield onto Highway 55 in the path of the bus. The bus hit the SUV on the driver's side.
There were 14 students on board. Two were taken to WakeMed as a precaution, but they were later released. The bus driver also went to the hospital with a leg injury.
The driver of the SUV was also hospitalized with leg, shoulder and neck injuries.
A second bus collected the remaining students and took them on to Lufkin Road Middle School in Apex.
The investigation into the cause of the wreck remains under investigation.
wake county, accident, wake county schools, school bus accident, local/state
- Governor declares emergency in North Carolina
- Win a chance to audition for Jeopardy!
- Man to go to trial over Girl Scout cookie purchase
- US employers add 175K jobs despite harsh weather
- Veteran robbed, assaulted in home
- Missing Maryland girl found in South Carolina
- Accuser gives sexually explicit, emotional testimony
- Woman injured after jumping from car
- NC Sen. Nesbitt service Tuesday in home county
- River water above NC spill high in iron, aluminum
- I-Team: Congress concerned about VA data breach
- Things to do if you have 36 hours in Raleigh
- Testimony reveals Richardson suffered years of abuse
- Rangers rally past Hurricanes 4-2
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help