School bus collides with SUV
APEX (WTVD) -- A Wake County school bus collided with a SUV in southern Wake Monday morning.
It happened at the intersection of Old Smithfield Road and Highway 55 in Holly Springs around 7:20 a.m.
Holly Springs police said a white GMC Envoy made a left turn from Old Smithfield onto Highway 55 in the path of the bus. The bus hit the SUV on the driver's side.
There were 14 students on board. Two were taken to WakeMed as a precaution, but they were later released. The bus driver also went to the hospital with a leg injury.
The driver of the SUV was also hospitalized with leg, shoulder and neck injuries.
A second bus collected the remaining students and took them on to Lufkin Road Middle School in Apex.
The investigation into the cause of the wreck remains under investigation.
wake county, accident, wake county schools, school bus accident, local/state
- Photos: Oklahoma tornado aftermath
- First Alert Doppler XP
- LIVE North Carolina Weather Radar
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- High School coach arrested on sex charge
- Two cleared, others charged in murder
- Kieran Shanahan on leave from law firm
- Good Samaritan law intended to save lives
- North Carolina schools prepare for tornados 47 min ago
- NC House panel looking at public school grant bill
- AP Source: Jordan changing team name to Hornets
- NC NAACP protests reach highest arrest count yet
- Frightening moments for family with Okla. ties
- Hazmat situation at Raleigh apt. complex
- Forensic expert reads emails from Janet...
52 min ago
- New technology helps teen regain use of arms
28 min ago
- Oklahoma Tornado: How to Help
52 min ago