Rapper pleads guilty to firearms charges
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- Rapper Petey Pablo of Knightdale pled guilty in a federal courtroom Wednesday to firearms charges.
Pablo, whose real name is Moses Barrett, was arrested on September 11, 2010 for concealing a .9mm Smith and Wesson handgun. Authorities say the 37-year-old was attempting to clear security at RDU when a TSA officer discovered the loaded firearm in Barrett?s bag.
Barrett was headed to Los Angeles for the MTV Video Music Awards but never boarded the flight. Further investigation revealed the gun was stolen.
He is scheduled to return to court in June for sentencing. He faces up to 10 years in prison.
The rapper is best known for his 2001 hit "Raise Up" and "Freek-a-Leek."
wake county, local/state
- Winter weather advisory issued for northern counties
- St. Patrick's Day Parade draws huge crowds
- Photos: Raleigh's St. Patrick's Day Festival
- Army reservist, mom to hike Appalachian Trail
- Malaysia asks countries for data to help find jet
- NC to check Fayetteville police chief credentials 54 min ago
- Former student fires BB gun inside high school 57 min ago
- Duke University senior killed in Florida crash
- Man shot, killed in northeast Raleigh
- N.C. Central beats Morgan St. for MEAC title
- No. 7 Duke beats NC State 75-67
- Crimea votes on whether to secede from Ukraine
- Workers sift through rubble for clues to NYC blast
- Man shot, killed at Willow Springs bar