Rapper pleads guilty to firearms charges
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- Rapper Petey Pablo of Knightdale pled guilty in a federal courtroom Wednesday to firearms charges.
Pablo, whose real name is Moses Barrett, was arrested on September 11, 2010 for concealing a .9mm Smith and Wesson handgun. Authorities say the 37-year-old was attempting to clear security at RDU when a TSA officer discovered the loaded firearm in Barrett?s bag.
Barrett was headed to Los Angeles for the MTV Video Music Awards but never boarded the flight. Further investigation revealed the gun was stolen.
He is scheduled to return to court in June for sentencing. He faces up to 10 years in prison.
The rapper is best known for his 2001 hit "Raise Up" and "Freek-a-Leek."
wake county, local/state
- Audit shows problems with NCTracks 4 min ago
- Heart of Carolina Food Drive wrapping up soon
- South African police prepare for Mandela ceremony
- Man must pay $50K after breaking up with fiancee
- Car drives off bridge, into Harnett County creek 45 min ago
- North Carolina ties to Craigslist murder
- Autopsy reveals Jamie Hahn stabbed 24 times
- Art Pope says he's sad about Roses, Maxway pickets
- Second suspect named in double murder
- World leaders to speak at massive Mandela memorial
- Wake Forest chooses Bowling Green's Clawson 39 min ago
- Reward doubled in Mount Olive murders
- Deputy hits deer, tree in Moore County
- New American Airlines emerges as deal closes
- Audit shows problems with NC Tracks
15 min ago
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help