Record high temps come with fire warnings
With record highs temperatures forecasted for Wednesday, the National Weather service is issuing a Red Flag Warning for much of the state.
Forecasters say the combination of the warm temperatures with gusty winds up to 35 mph and low humidity creates dangerous fire conditions.
ABC11 Meteorologist Don Schwenneker says it's almost a lock that much of the area will break the record of 83 degrees.
A Red Flag Warning will remain in effect until 9 p.m. for much of the state.
Schwenneker says later on in the evening, a front will bring a chance for a few showers and perhaps a random storm.
Temperatures will fall behind the front on Thursday into Friday, but only to near seasonal levels back down into the 60s by Friday.
cumberland county, durham county, edgecombe county, franklin county, halifax county, harnett county, hoke county, granville county, nash county, orange county, person county, wake county, wilson county, local/state
- Family, police at odds over Huerta vigil violence
- One dead, one hurt in Carrboro shooting
- 'Duck Dynasty' family calls show's future into question
- Flight delayed 2 hours for pilot's sandwich delivery
- Woman rescued from crashed van
- Durham house damaged by fire
- Critical spacewalk set for Saturday
- Senate leader Harry Reid released from hospital
- Utah Attorney General to challenge end to gay marriage ban
- P.J. Hairston off the team at UNC
- Man with Down syndrome learns he's...
- Fury and frustration over Target data breach
- Power play lifts Capitals past Carolina, 4-2
- Photos: What do you do if you shopped at Target?
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help