Amber alert for missing toddler cancelled
WASHINGTON, N.C. (WTVD) -- Washington police were trying to locate two-year-old Desi Worthington Sunday evening.
A statewide Amber alert went into effect for the missing toddler around 5:30pm; about an hour later authorities cancelled the alert.
Police said the child was abducted by her father, Ishmael Worthington, who is around 30-years-old, six feet, two inches tall and weighs 300 pounds. He has black hair and brown eyes.
Authorities believed he was driving a dark blue Chevy Tahoe.
amber alert, local/state
- Suspect arrested in Raleigh bank robbery
- Get the ABC11 First Alert Weather App
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- LIVE North Carolina Weather Radar
- Public hearing held on Cumberland Co. gun range
- Customer robbed outside Cary bank
- Sinkhole closes Blowing Rock outlet mall in NC
- McCrory: Budget deal may not happen by July
- Woman facing murder charges in Falls Lake death
- NC Democrats, chairman reach complaint settlement
- NC finds first evidence of ash tree killing bug
- Duke Energy rate increase would average 5 percent
- Human remains found in Durham
- Fire displaces 3 Cary families