Blood found at home where boy went missing
DURHAM (WTVD) -- A search warrant made public Tuesday in the case of a missing woman and a 4-year-old boy says what appears to be blood, a bullet, and shell casings were found at the home where they were last seen.
The warrant is an application for a second search of a home on Pear Tree Lane filed March 29.
It's the house where 4-year-old Jadon Higganbothan and 28-year-old Antoinetta McKoy were last seen late last year.
McKoy and Higgenbothan reportedly lived in the home with Higgenbothan's mother Vania Sisk and several other women and children, who were members of a so-called cult called the "Black Hebrew Israelites," before the group suddenly moved to Colorado.
Other search warrants previously obtained by ABC11 from Colorado indicate that investigators believe the boy was killed possibly by a man named Pete Moses Jr., who police believe is the leader of the group. Moses does not face any charges related to Higganbothan or McKoy.
While Durham police continue to maintain their investigation is a missing person's case, the warrant released Tuesday says "according to numerous witnesses … Moses and Sisk were directly involved in the murder of a juvenile and an adult."
The warrant also states there were signs of "overt cleaning in the areas of the residence where these crimes were stated to have occurred."
During the second search, investigators recovered a long list of items including: birth records for Higgenbothan, a computer, carpet, and "swabs of a dark red substance."
durham county, durham police, homicide, peter moses, local/state, tamara gibbs
- Winter weather possible for some northern areas 1 min ago
- Win a chance to audition for Jeopardy!
- Don't worry, guacamole safe from climate change
- Airline passenger leaves nasty note for pilot
- Sinclair to face 15 year sentence, plea offer accepted
- Man accused of taking doctor's identity surrenders
- NCCU students take part in Match Madness
- NC terror suspect says he's being tortured
- Man charged in fatal hit-and-run gets lower bond
- Road rage incident leads to gun being shown
- Coach K released from hospital after game
- More evidence presented in Teghan Skiba murder case
- EU slaps initial sanctions on Russia
- Split NC education board OKs new testing levels 55 min ago
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help