Man charged with exposing himself
BURLINGTON -- A Burlington man is facing charges after he allegedly exposed himself inside a Target store.
Authorities say 29-year-old Rusty Lee West Jr. is charged with one count of indecent exposure.
Investigators issued an additional warrant on April 15 for felony indecent exposure. Police say the felony charge is because a minor was present during the incident.
The charges stem from a Jan. 29 incident where a man was seen exposing himself to customers inside fitting rooms at a Target store.
He would allegedly stand inside one of the fitting rooms with the door partially open so he could see customers and they could see him.
Authorities say exposures happened on three different occasions between Jan. 28 and Jan. 29.
Loss prevention attempted to stop the man, but he was able to get out of the store before being apprehended.
On Thursday, West contacted police after he received a phone call from family members that his picture was being posted in the media.
Police charged West in one of the exposure incidents that happened on Jan. 29.
The other incidents are still under investigation and authorities urge anyone who was a witness to contact the Burlington Police Department.
alamance county, local/state
- Barber, 11 others guilty in Moral Monday protests
- 'Tipsforjesus' leaving thousands in tips
- Does bathing in vitamin C water improve health?
- Family says Nelson Mandela on 'deathbed'
- 2 dead, 1 wounded in shooting near NC college
- Fayetteville bank robber sought
- Tata blames environmentalists for bridge woes
- NC has fewer teachers and more students
- UNC upsets No. 1 Michigan State
- NC State beats Northwestern 69-48
- Float banned from Clayton Christmas parade
- Autopsy: Actor died from impact, fire in crash
- Student arrested with loaded gun at Durham high school
- Newtown 911 dispatcher urged callers to take cover
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help