Jury indicts Crystal Mangum on murder charge
DURHAM (WTVD) -- A Durham jury indicted Crystal Mangum on a murder charge Monday for the death of her boyfriend.
Police say Mangum stabbed Reginald Daye, 46, in the chest during an argument at the apartment the couple shared in the 3000 block of Century Oaks Drive on April 3. Search warrants previously issued say Daye told responding officers Mangum stabbed him and took his money.
Daye was later taken off life support and died on April 6.
Mangum remains behind bars at the Durham County Jail under a $300,000 bond for assault charges. It is not known if a bond was set for the murder charge.
Mangum has said she feels she has been treated unfairly by Durham police ever since she falsely accused three Duke Lacrosse players of rape.
durham county, durham police, duke lacrosse, local/state
- Soggy, cool Saturday to start holiday weekend
- Woman narrowly escapes grocery store crash
- Why married women cheat
- Deputies: Man smothered crying son over video game
- Captain of sunken South Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- Sub search for missing jet to be finished in week 28 min ago
- At barricades, Ukraine insurgents await Easter 57 min ago
- 13th body pulled from snow in Everest avalanche 18 min ago
- Magnitude-7.2 earthquake shakes Mexican capital 13 min ago
- NC woman to climb Kilimanjaro to focus on diabetes
- Cooper asks NC court to intervene in rate increase
- Warehouse fire cause explained
- Family of Danielle Locklear opens up
- Suspect in Durham carjacking, crash sought