Jury indicts Crystal Mangum on murder charge
DURHAM (WTVD) -- A Durham jury indicted Crystal Mangum on a murder charge Monday for the death of her boyfriend.
Police say Mangum stabbed Reginald Daye, 46, in the chest during an argument at the apartment the couple shared in the 3000 block of Century Oaks Drive on April 3. Search warrants previously issued say Daye told responding officers Mangum stabbed him and took his money.
Daye was later taken off life support and died on April 6.
Mangum remains behind bars at the Durham County Jail under a $300,000 bond for assault charges. It is not known if a bond was set for the murder charge.
Mangum has said she feels she has been treated unfairly by Durham police ever since she falsely accused three Duke Lacrosse players of rape.
durham county, durham police, duke lacrosse, local/state
- Skiba's mom says Richardson murdered daughter 22 min ago
- ABC11 channel changes 16 min ago
- Reports of rashes spur Fitbit recall
- Wrestler loses championship, wins crowd over
- Official: Airliner communications shut down separately 10 min ago
- Emails show close ties between Duke, NC regulators 29 min ago
- Teen faces sexting charges following social media mistake
- Suspect in Sanford shooting death arrested
- Parents hope bone marrow drive can save son
- Photos: $2.35 million Modern Family home for sale
- Bank robbed in Franklinton
- 4th of July celebration returning to Ft. Bragg
- 5 things you may not know about Pope Francis
- Police: 1 man, 1 woman died at South by Southwest
- Man killed by falling tree in Chapel Hill
31 min ago
- Emails show close ties between Duke, NC...
28 min ago
- Skiba's mom says Richardson murdered daughter
27 min ago