Ben Martin students to resume classes
FAYETTEVILLE (WTVD) -- Officials announced Tuesday that Ben Martin Elementary School will resume classes at another location after last weekend's storms damaged the school.
Officials said it had to be closed due to extensive damage to the school's roof.
Classes will now be held at E. E. Miller Recreation Center from 8:30 a.m. until 3 p.m. on Wednesday and Thursday and from 8:30 a.m. until 1 p.m. on Friday.
Breakfast and lunch will be provided to each student at no cost.
School buses will pick up students at designated locations.
Officials are asking parents to have their children at one of the locations between 7:30 and 8 a.m. for pick up.
They say due to congestion, parents may need to wait for the bus to arrive.
Parents can also take their children to E. E. Miller Recreation Center located at 1361 Rim Road.
If you have any questions, please contact the school at 910-864-4843 or the Cumberland County Schools Transportation Office at 910-678-2582.
- Gov. McCrory declares state of emergency
- Win a chance to audition for Jeopardy!
- Man to go to trial over Girl Scout cookie purchase
- US employers add 175K jobs despite harsh weather
- Accuser gives sexually explicit, emotional testimony 32 min ago
- NC Sen. Nesbitt service Tuesday in home county 23 min ago
- River water above NC spill high in iron, aluminum 19 min ago
- I-Team: Congress concerned about VA data breach
- Things to do if you have 36 hours in Raleigh
- Testimony reveals Richardson suffered years of abuse
- Amber Alert issued for missing 11-year-old girl
- Woman's mummified body found at Detroit-area home
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Possible CO poisoning at Carrboro post office
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help