Durham teacher wanted for alleged sex offenses
DURHAM (WTVD) -- The Forsyth County Sheriff's Office has issued arrest warrants for a former teacher who is wanted for engaging in a sexual relationship with a student at a Winston-Salem high school while he was teaching there.
Investigators say Terry Lamar Jones, Jr. is currently employed by Durham Public Schools and his last known address is in Durham.
Warrants were issued after the principal of Parkland High School in Winston-Salem informed a Forsyth deputy on April 18 about an article in North Carolina Central's Campus Echo newspaper. The article claimed a former Parkland student and teacher engaged in a sexual relationship.
Investigators located the student, who graduated from Parkland in 2008. She identified the teacher as Terry Lamar Jones, Jr. The investigation revealed the alleged relationship took place between October 2007 and May 2008. The female told authorities she and Jones engaged in sexual activity on numerous occasions.
Jones is facing 64 counts of sexual activity with a student.
Anyone knowing the whereabouts of Mr. Jones or with information on this investigation or a related case is requested to contact the Forsyth County Sheriff's Office at (336) 917-7001 or Crimestoppers at (336) 727-2800.
durham county, sex offense, local/state
- Duke Chapel holds Mandela memorial
- Snowball fight could lead to criminal charges
- Airline's sweet surprise for passengers
- One day left to help hungry families through the holidays
- Billy Graham weaker since 95th birthday party
- Shooting reported in Raleigh
- Obama urges world to act on Mandela legacy
- Modest Eastern snowstorm brings closures, delays
- Serial bank robber arrested in Durham
- Bubba the goat is no longer on the lam
- Bipartisan negotiators reach modest budget pact
- Car crashes on Glenwood Avenue during chase
- Walmart, AIG say they plan nearly 700 NC jobs
- Groups shun NC critics, appeal Bonner Bridge case
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help