Man charged in Durham parking lot murder
DURHAM (WTVD) -- Durham police have charged a 19-year-old with the shooting death of a Durham man.
Authorities say they found the body of 21-year-old Carl Lewis Powell in the 6400 block of Fayetteville Road just before 10:30 p.m. Monday.
They say he had been shot multiple times and died at the scene.
Police arrested Martin Dee Wayne Evans of Efland Tuesday.
He is charged with first-degree murder, breaking and entering and second-degree trespassing in connection with an unrelated domestic incident that was reported to Durham police Tuesday afternoon.
durham county, shooting, local/state
- St. Patrick's Day Parade draws huge crowds
- Photos: Raleigh's St. Patrick's Day Festival
- Woman finds lizard head, arm in her salad
- Army reservist, mom to hike Appalachian Trail
- No. 7 Duke beats NC State 75-67
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- Ukraine says Russian forces move outside Crimea
- N.C. Central beats Morgan St. for MEAC title 41 min ago
- Workers sift through rubble for clues to NYC blast
- Man shot, killed in northeast Raleigh
- Man shot, killed at Willow Springs bar
- Woman found unconscious behind the wheel in Durham
- Power knocked out to hundreds after car hits power pole
- Sheriff: Wendell couple killed in murder-suicide