Heavy rain leads to Durham flooding
DURHAM (WTVD) -- A brief heavy downpour accompanied by quarter-sized hail caused havoc at some Durham businesses Saturday.For a well-known Triangle restaurant, it was a flood of problems.
Nana's Restaurant was scrambling Saturday evening to clean-up after high water seeped into the kitchen.
Surrounding businesses also felt the effects of the storm - some suffering serious flooding.
On Rigsbee Street, the roof reportedly caved in at Liberty Warehouse.
Nobody was reported injured, but many offices were flooded as a result.
The storms moved in between 3 p.m. and 4 p.m., and quickly gave way to sunshine and partly cloudy skies.
- Barber, 11 others guilty in Moral Monday protests
- 'Tipsforjesus' leaving thousands in tips
- Does bathing in vitamin C water improve health?
- Family says Nelson Mandela on 'deathbed'
- Lockdown lifted at Wingate University
- Fayetteville bank robber sought 16 min ago
- Tata blames environmentalists for bridge woes
- NC has fewer teachers and more students
- Float banned from Clayton Christmas parade
- Autopsy: Actor died from impact, fire in crash
- Student arrested with loaded gun at Durham high school
- Newtown 911 dispatcher urged callers to take cover
- Group tasked with keeping kids safe at school
- State prison guard attacked by inmate
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help