Charges pending after child in abuse case dies
HENDERSON (WTVD) -- Henderson police arrested a 23-year-old man Thursday after responding to a call about a child in cardiac arrest.
Officers responded to a residence around 1:19 a.m. in reference to an 18-month-old girl in cardiac arrest. The child, who police identified as Destini Bullock, was initially transported to Maria Parham Medical Center and then transferred to UNC Children's Hospital.
Police say the child died Friday afternoon and now the case is a homicide investigation.
Upon further investigation, officers determined the child had been abused. Details about Bullock's injuries will be released after an autopsy is completed.
Police charged 23-year-old Dontavious Washington with felony child abuse inflicting serious injury and additional charges are pending. He was placed under a $125,000 bond.
vance county, local/state
- ABC11 food drive makes sure no one goes hungry
- Woman claws her way out of locked bathroom
- Pope Francis is Time's Person of the Year
- Man arrested in death of SC mayor's brother in law
- Man struck, killed on I-95 in Selma
- Shearon Harris back in operation 10 min ago
- American University campus lockdown lifted 2 min ago
- Pilot who crashed at SFO worried about landing 51 min ago
- NASA: Cooling pump on space station shuts down 22 min ago
- Prosecutor: no domestic charges against Zimmerman 21 min ago
- Wake schools bus shows up hours late
- NC lawmaker charged in state tax case resigns
- Ex-NC State coach pleads guilty to tax charges
- Victim in Durham apartment shooting dies
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help