Body found in North Raleigh
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- Raleigh police are investigating after a woman was found dead in her home by her neighbor.
Authorities are releasing little information about 34-year-old Alison Deborah Jurich's death, including how she died or whether they think she was killed by someone else.
A neighbor called 911, around 11:00 a.m., after finding a body covered in blood inside a house located on Rockwood Drive, just off Duraleigh Road.
Officers blocked off the road with crime-tape and police cars, while they investigated.
Police were only allowing residents who live on Rockwood Drive to enter the neighborhood Saturday afternoon; so far the media has been kept far away from the scene.
The investigation has many nearby residents like Tom Counavelis worried.
"It's a little unnerving to see police cars there, not knowing what's going on and when you ask, [to] find out that there's a dead body in the house-it's pretty unnerving because this is a real quiet neighborhood in through here," Counavelis said.
He describes the neighborhood as a place that doesn't normally see a lot of police activity.
"It's out of the norm for this area, because it's just so quiet, nice, very low key-for something like this to pop up makes you wonder what really happened," Counavelis said.
Police have not released any further information but a spokesperson says detectives are working to get the information they need for their investigation, and to open the road.
wake county, raleigh police, local/state
- Ice, rain, wind causing slick roads, delays, outages 2 min ago
- Win a chance to audition for Jeopardy!
- Don't worry, guacamole safe from climate change
- Airline passenger leaves nasty note for pilot
- Man accused of taking doctor's identity surrenders
- Durham crime numbers show mixed results
- Sinclair to face 15 year sentence, plea offer accepted
- NCCU students take part in Match Madness
- NC terror suspect says he's being tortured
- Man charged in fatal hit-and-run gets lower bond
- Road rage incident leads to gun being shown
- Coach K released from hospital after game
- More evidence presented in Teghan Skiba murder case
- EU slaps initial sanctions on Russia
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help