Crash leads to homicide investigation
DURHAM (WTVD) -- Homicide detectives responded to the scene of a fatal accident in Durham on Saturday, after the victim was found with what appeared to be a gunshot wound.
Police officers marked off the area of Jackie Robinson Drive near the Durham Freeway with yellow crime scene tape late in the afternoon.
Eyewitnesses say the driver of a BMW lost control coming off the exit ramp of the freeway, plowed through a fence, and slammed into a tree.
The driver was an adult male, who was pronounced dead at the scene.
Investigators won't confirm the exact cause of death, or the victim's name at this time.
- Winter weather advisory issued for northern counties
- St. Patrick's Day Parade draws huge crowds
- Photos: Raleigh's St. Patrick's Day Festival
- Army reservist, mom to hike Appalachian Trail
- Malaysia asks countries for data to help find jet
- NC to check Fayetteville police chief credentials 36 min ago
- Former student fires BB gun inside high school 39 min ago
- Duke University senior killed in Florida crash
- Man shot, killed in northeast Raleigh
- N.C. Central beats Morgan St. for MEAC title
- No. 7 Duke beats NC State 75-67
- Crimea votes on whether to secede from Ukraine
- Workers sift through rubble for clues to NYC blast
- Man shot, killed at Willow Springs bar