Crash leads to homicide investigation
DURHAM (WTVD) -- Homicide detectives responded to the scene of a fatal accident in Durham on Saturday, after the victim was found with what appeared to be a gunshot wound.
Police officers marked off the area of Jackie Robinson Drive near the Durham Freeway with yellow crime scene tape late in the afternoon.
Eyewitnesses say the driver of a BMW lost control coming off the exit ramp of the freeway, plowed through a fence, and slammed into a tree.
The driver was an adult male, who was pronounced dead at the scene.
Investigators won't confirm the exact cause of death, or the victim's name at this time.
- AAA Carolinas expects more travel on Memorial Day
- First Alert Doppler XP
- LIVE North Carolina Weather Radar
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- Crews search for missing boater on Cape Fear River
- Private plane lands short of Charlotte runway
- Hit-and-run driver sought in fatal moped crash
- Defense wraps after Abaroa's mom's testimony
- Super PAC created for possible Tillis Senate bid
- More salmonella cases reported in Fayetteville
- Biographer regrets affair with former CIA director
- TSA finds man carrying gun on prosthetic leg
- Toronto mayor denies he smokes crack cocaine
- Family continues to experience miracles