Four charged in murder of Raleigh teen
Saturday, June 25, 2011
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- Police have charged four men in connection to the murder of a Raleigh teen.
It happened in the 2800 block of Poole Road around 11:30 p.m. Thursday.
Police say the victim, 16-year-old Darius Latrae Johnson, was taken to WakeMed Hospital, where he later died.
The 911 tapes reveal a panicked situation.
CALLER: Yes, yes I have an emergency 911: Where is it at? CALLER: On Poole Road 911: Where at on Poole Road? CALLER: I'm at a church CALLER: I was at my friends.. (inaudible).. and they started shooting him.
Authorities have charged 17-year-old Solister Lester, 18-year-old Alexander Leon Walton, 19-year-old Rodney Nigee Pledge Taylor and 29-year-old Floyd Clifton Creecy Jr., with murder.
Meanwhile, Poole Road has been reopened to the public after being closed for several hours overnight as authorities investigated the scene.
(Copyright ©2014 WTVD-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)
wake county, shooting, local/state
- Woman speaks out about Clayton group home
- ABC11 channel changes
- Reports of rashes spur Fitbit recall
- Wrestler loses championship, wins crowd over
- Jet aborts takeoff after gear failure in Philly
- Skiba's mom says Richardson murdered daughter
- Durham school bus involved in accident
- Man killed by falling tree in Chapel Hill
- Police: Man who solicited sex from teen charged
- Official: Airliner communications shut down separately
- Hurricanes rally to beat Sabres 4-2
- NC State tops Miami 67-58 in ACC tourney
- Emails show close ties between Duke, NC regulators
- Teen faces sexting charges following social media mistake