Cisco Systems cutting thousands of jobs
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- News is circulating that an RTP employer could be cutting some jobs.
According to a report by Bloomberg.com, Cisco Systems could be cutting as many as 10,000 jobs worldwide and a majority of those cuts could start by the end of the summer.
Back in May, the network equipment company announced there would be thousands of cuts to slash annual expenses by $1 billion.
At this point, there is no word on how many workers, if any, will lose their jobs in RTP.
Cisco is an American-based corporation that designs and sells consumer electronics, networking, voice, and communications technology and services.
- Police trying to identify Cary rape suspect
- Blast on site of explosives plants kills 1
- Easter butter lamb gets 'pardon' at Buffalo market
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- Man shot outside Fayetteville grocery store
- Former teacher faces charges
- Big rig crashes through front of pharmacy
- Gas prices on the rise; still lower than last Easter
- Nurseries, homeowners take steps to protect plants
- Troubleshooter investigates Papa John's dough
- Wake sounds alarm on teacher shortage
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' sequel in the works
- Portland plans reservoir flush after teen cited
- 2 more charged in Wake Forest kidnapping